When you go to a real estate agent, the first thing they'll want to know is what kind of property you are looking for? What are the things you want in a house? What are the things you don't like. For them to lead you to houses that are up to your standard, you need to be specific about the features and details you want and don't want.
Here's a guide that can help you:
- Are you looking for old, historic properties? Or are you looking for newer houses?
- Is there a particular design/style that you want? Bungalows? Ranch-style?
- How many bedrooms do you want it to have?
- How many bathrooms do you expect the house to have?
- How many stories?
- What kind of design do you want the living and dining room to have? Do you want a formal, contemporary or casual look?
- How big a house are you looking to buy?
- Do you have a specification for the ceiling? How high?
- What kind of kitchen do you want to have? Recently updated? Do you want a kitchen that lead to other parts of the house?
- Do you want to have big cabinets? A lot of cupboards? Does the house need to have a garage?
- Do you want a garage or carport? For how many cars?
- Does the house need to have an attic or basement?
What amenities do you want your future home to have?
- an office
- a mini gym
- a play area
- security system
- sprinkler system
- patio, deck, porch
- laundry room