Fort Washington is an unincorporated area in Prince George's County, Maryland, just south of the Washington D.C. downtown district. The place is named for Fort Washington, completed in 1809 and at the time the only fort protecting Washington, D.C. The remnants of the fort are surrounded by forested Fort Washington Park. The town grew around the fort and today near the fort there are many riverfront homes, two marinas, two community pools, and National Golf Club. Fort Foote, another fortification in the area, was an American Civil War-era wood and earthwork fort built in 1863 that was a part of the wartime defenses of Washington, D.C. Rosecroft Raceway is a harness racing track opened in 1949 and closed in 2010. National Golf Club is the East Coast only Ted Robinson signature golf course.
Fort Washington Properties
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website appears in part through the BRIGHT Internet Data Exchange program, a voluntary cooperative exchange of property listing data between licensed real estate brokerage firms in which Coldwell Banker Realty participates, and is provided by BRIGHT through a licensing agreement. The information provided by this website is for the personal, non-commercial use of consumers and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Coldwell Banker Realty are marked with the IDX icon and detailed information about each listing includes the name of the listing broker.
©2022 BRIGHT, All Rights Reserved. Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may no longer be available because they are under contract, have Closed or are no longer being offered for sale.
Data last updated: Nov 30, 2022 2:23:am.